Tuesday 20 May 2008

Mary called today!

Well actually, it wasn't today but that is what I would have called this post had I written it on the day that Mary did call.

Mary is a lovely lady from Barnados. She is coordinating the team and fundraising for the 2009 London Marathon. I have spoken to Mary a few times as in order to get a place in the Marathon it is better to affiliate with a charity. You can go through a public ballot but based on the fact that the ballot is in October, I didn't feel much like doing six months of training only to find out I couldn't get in.

Mary called to let me know that I had been selected by Barnados to run for them. The only thing I have to do in return is train for the next 47 weeks and guarantee to raise £1600 in sponsorship. If I don't raise £1600 then I have to pay it myself.........potentially an expensive way to see London!

So fundraising starts now. Barnados have provided a number of hints and tips from selling your belongings on Ebay to selling cakes at work. Neither of these options appeal, I am quite attached to my belongings and I would probably eat most of the cakes. I therefore must come up with new, imaginative ways to raise the money.......................mmmm!?

No comments: